URINE DRUG TESTING IN PRIMARY CARE
Primary care clinicians are faced with the challenge to diagnose and find effective treatment solutions for a wide variety of conditions, such as pain, anxiety and depression. Prescription medications are commonly used for symptom management. Utilization of pharmacotherapy is steadily on the rise.
Medication monitoring with urine drug testing (UDT) is a key clinical tool providing clinicians with objective information to support decisions about medication therapy. Truetox UDT can help clinicians:
- Monitor and support decisions about medication therapy, particularly controlled substances
- Identify recent use of prescription medications, non-prescribed medications and illicit substances
- Detect medications that may result in a drug-drug interaction
- Advocate for and communicate with patients about individual treatment plans
- Identify possible illicit drug or medication abuse, misuse or diversion